Arts & Crafts table and chairs, Circa 1890
Arts and Crafts table and chairs
1 in stock
Arts and Crafts table and chairs, circa 1890.
The large dining table is made of top quality quarter-sawn Oak by the James Shoolbred (Tottenham Court Road, London) company. The table stands on its original and fully functioning brass castors and can be extended. A winder handle is supplied, which is secured in a bracket beneath the top. The extender mechanism is of top quality, has been tested and runs smoothly.
- Length, closed 1300mm or 4’4″, Width 1215mm or 4′. Length, with both leaves 2040mm or 6’8″, Width 1215mm or 4′).
- Height 740mm or 29″, Height to bottom skirt 610mm or 24″.
The table top can be extended by creating a further extra leaf of 370mm or 15″. – We have some period quarter-sawn oak in our workshops and would be more than happy to make another leaf. This would extend the table length to 7′ 11″ We can also make circular oak coasters to go under the wheels and protect your floor. This would raise the table by 1/2″ (7mm)
Set of 8 chairs consisting of 2 carvers and 6 diners made of quarter-sawn Oak by the James Parkinson (34, Clarence Street Liverpool) company. The original seat cover has never been altered, thus the green and gold velvet fabric is worn and is held in place by the original large brass studs. We are happy to recover seats using traditional materials at a further cost of £45 per seat (excluding top cover, 3.5 metres required). The chairs’ front legs stand on their original brass castors and the chairs’ framework is in very good condition, with no sign of movement at the joints. The carvings on the backrests are all complete with no missing parts. There are some smaller surface scuffs, acceptable given the age of the pieces.
- Depth 500mm or 19.5″, Width 490mm or 19.3″.
- Height of back 1050mm or 41″, Height of seat 460mm or 18″.
- Depth 500mm or 19 1/2″, Width 610mm or 24″.
- Height of back 1115mm or 43 1/2″, Height of seat 500mm or 19.5″, Height of arms 710mm or 28″.
|Dimensions||-- × -- × -- cm|